As a technical writer, I have written a wide variety of technical documentation. I often create and include custom screenshot examples in Photoshop.
I have developed, written, and edited:
- Technical product descriptions
- Software tutorials
- Help guides
- Orientation manuals
- Troubleshooting manuals
- On-hover tool-tips for websites
- Class handouts
- Trade magazine articles
- Authored industry-standard font installation tutorial that was downloaded 150K+ times.
- Break down complicated processes, communicate technical information to both IT and layman audiences.
- Proactively rewrote and edited 40-page technical training manual and orientation guide to ensure consistent communication during procedural training.
- Collaborated with programmer and senior administrator to compile technical information.
- Developed and edited user guides for AS/400 procedures with custom screenshots and step-by-step directions for department-wide use.
- Translated cryptic programmer notes into understandable terms with easy-to-follow directions
- Assess content needs and synthesize copy from multiple high-level sources, such as product specifications, creative briefs, and customer feedback.
- Contributed monthly articles to trade magazine, explaining technical concepts to non-techie retailers.
Writing examples available upon request
- TUTORIAL: “How to Find Group Job Discussions on LinkedIn”
- ORIENTATION GUIDE: “Next Steps” – Guide to assist distributors on “next steps” in setup process
- ORIENTATION GUIDE: “Intro Packet” – Guide to assist distributors through the setup process to being reporting EDI sales data to manufacturers
- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION: “Customer Education Letter” – letter to retailers explaining an industry-standard identification process, and why they may be contacted in the near future.
- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION: “Technical Bulletin”