Angie Pedersen | Marketing Strategist
Content Strategy & Development | Brand Awareness
Consistent Brand Voice | In-Depth Research | Editing
Influencer Outreach | Blogging | Technical Troubleshooting
Great Sense of Humor
As a professional writer, and website administrator/content editor with more than 15 years’ experience, I am uniquely qualified to create strategic marketing content to enhance your audience’s experience as well as your corporate image. I use the widely varied experience I have gained as a freelance writer, marketing consultant, social media analyst, and content manager to fuel ideas for innovative marketing strategies. My superior writing skills help promote brand awareness and increase customer loyalty through targeted content development for integrated marketing channels.
MARKETING CONTENT DEVELOPER
UL Prospector | 2016 – Present
Content manager for global corporation materials search engine Knowledge Center blog. Responsible for developing and executing content and social media marketing plans including strategic goals and tactics. Manage daily operations and editorial calendar of WordPress blog and social media. Identify and develop areas for growth in member recruitment and engagement.
- Provide editorial direction for all member-facing communications, e.g. email newsletters, press releases, and resource hubs.
- Manage team of 15 contributing authors across multiple industries, including topic selection, copyediting and publication.
- Provide leadership and SEO and social media training of content team members
- Collaborate and oversee work with freelancers.
EDITOR IN CHIEF AND HEAD GEEK
KCGeeks.com | Dec 2015 – Present
Editor and curator of geek culture website that highlights Kansas City area groups, organizations, events, and resources. Seek out opportunities to promote and nurture geek culture in Kansas City. Develop, manage, curate, and promote content of interest to the geek community. Identify meetup and interest groups, conduct outreach and interviews, and develop profile features to publish on the website. Manage ongoing editorial calendar and geek event calendar for the Kansas City area. Sole administrator of WordPress site/blog, and social media properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest).
SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYST
Intouch Solutions | 2012 – 2016
Senior member of social media team for $100MM pharmaceutical digital marketing agency. Responsible for all content development, as well as daily operational and community management for client blog and social media channels. Identify trends and propose strategic changes based on content and engagement analysis. Identify, develop and collaborate on content to promote company culture, to align with company recruiting efforts.
- Integral role in growing client Facebook audience to 85K+ followers in 6 months
- Developed Facebook and Twitter content, with average engagement rates over 8%
- Researched and developed feature blog posts for more than 100 influencers
AngieWrites.com | 2001 – 2013
Freelance magazine writer, online magazine editor, and published author. Develop and write monthly trade magazine column on Internet marketing principles and trends. Research, conduct outreach, and write weekly blog posts for niche audience.
- Author of 4 Best Selling Books – Sold at Barnes & Noble, Michaels and Amazon. Rated 4 ½ stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- Writing featured in 5 trade magazines, 3 consumer magazines, 7 online magazines, and 4 niche blogs – see writing portfolio at http://angiewrites.com.
- Directed 26 contributing team members for an industry-leading website/online magazine with 110K unique visitors per month.
WEB CONTENT WRITER
Experis | 2010 – 2011
Contract assignment to Sprint.com’s Content & Design team, an internal creative department. Assess content needs and synthesize copy from a variety of sources, such as marketing requests and creative briefs. Write and edit copy for promotional landing pages, banner ads, and product launches. On average, work on 10-15 different projects a week, under tight deadlines (typically 8 hours or less).
- Certified as a “social media ninja”, to monitor the social mediasphere to interact with the public to promote brand awareness, enhance corporate image and support new product launcInhes.
- Acted as project manager for internal website audit, detailing over 1000 webpages, and coordinating categorization efforts of two colleagues.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
Scrappy Marketing Solutions | 2005 – 2008
Founded niche marketing communications agency, specializing in social media marketing. Facilitated marketing analysis and strategy sessions for small business owners. Provided website critiques, blog consulting, promotional brainstorming and writing services. Three years’ experience writing search engine optimized (SEO) press releases and creating online press rooms. Led “Train the Trainer” seminars, teaching retailers to promote sales through education.
- Recruited to conduct social media marketing breakout sessions for 100+ business owners at international conferences.
- Founded niche holiday, now celebrated worldwide in the industry
- Conducted the first Virtual Book Tour in industry, visiting 15 sites over 2 weeks, resulting in 5600+ message board posts during the tour.
University of Kansas – Early Childhood Education
Dean’s List; 3.8 GPA
University of Wisconsin-Madison – PreK-3rd Education
Dean’s List; 3.2 GPA